Sunday 7 October 2018

Money! Money! Money! If a Had a Million Bucks | Blogtober Day 7

Everyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE money; even though I never have any. I’m broke b#!  . I would love to see that many zeros in my bank balance; it would drive me wild. Don’t worry I wouldn’t waste the money though. I already have a list of what I’m going to do with money even though I don’t have it. So what would I do with a million dollars you ask?  Well…

Firstly I would invest say... a quarter of it so I can get more money. Then I would calculate how much it would cost me to finish my degree and pay that amount to the university; in one go. Then I'd get myself a tutor for all the subjects I struggle with; especially maths. I am terrible at maths. I'd finish my degree a whole lot faster if I never repeated anything.I would also stop working for a short while and concentrate solely on my studies then I'd be able to do more subjects per semester and obtain my qualification in a shorter time frame.

Hmmm let’s see what’s next… oh I’d fix everything in the house that’s broken or old, some of these items include the back door, my mom’s toilet and leaking bathroom ceiling. I’d get rid of our dogs because they are only there for security purposes not because they are loved (I’m not a pet person) and add security beams to cover the back yard. 

I’d travel the world too of course. I’ve always wanted to do that. I love exploring new places. I’d go to Dubai, London, Mauritius and knock off a few other places on my bucket list if my balance still allows it.

I would probably get myself a new wardrobe too... how exciting that would be. I absolutely LOVE clothes and shopping. I would give the clothes I don't want anymore to a family member who wants or needs them more than I do or I'd donate them to charity. Of course I would need a few pairs of shoes to match my new outfits... what's an outfit without the perfect pair of shoes?

I would definitely make the tenant move out; he’s BEEN annoying me. (My mom let him farm chickens in the back yard; a story for another day). Then I'd turn a portion of the backyard into an entertainment area; maybe even get a pool table.

I can’t forget my sister in all this. I’d give her a couple hundred thousand to spend as she wishes. I’d do the same with my dad.

Everyone knows that when you get a large sum of cash, you need to make your money make even more money. I mean; I can't just spend and invest it all. I would need to start some sort of a business; probably an employment agency because I am passionate about helping people to find jobs that will help them sustain themselves (I'm actually one of those people right now – (read about my job hunting here). I know what it's like not to be employed or to have a job that isn't quite getting you where you need or want to be.

So yeah... that's what I would do with my million. 

No comments:

Post a Comment