Saturday 6 October 2018

My Typical Saturday | Blogtober Day 6


Clubs, booze boys... typical weekend vibe for most, well not me...

I always look forward to the weekends because it's my time to relax and unwind. I pray I never have to work on Saturdays.

I wake up in the morning and open the windows and curtains wide to let all that fresh morning air fill the room, splash my face with water then it's off to the kitchen for a steaming, hot cup of coffee...then I can start my day.

I usually start off with laundry; I do laundry every Saturday morning; unless it's raining of course. I like to listen to music while I'm doing laundry and I play it really loud. Then from around 8 to 12 I'm doing house chores. This includes cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and my room.

I like sleeping in fresh bedding and a lot of people find it weird but I change my sheets every Saturday even though I'm the only person who sleeps in my bed. It's just ingrained in me to do this and it feels weird for me not to. I get annoyed when my mom does my laundry for me (weird I know; you're probably thinking "are you nuts? I'd love to have someone do that for me!" But yeah, I prefer to do my laundry myself, (1) because I'm an adult, (2) I enjoy it and (3) I find it calming and therapeutic. It's the one house chore I do not mind, probably because my laundry is machine-washed.

While my laundry is in the machine; I move on to cleaning the toilet, bathroom and kitchen. In between all this I keep reloading the machine and hanging the laundry out to so then resuming cleaning whatever section I was busy with. All this is happening while there's music blaring in the background. I'm sure my neighbours find me annoying but they've never said anything...

If I still feel energetic enough then I wash my baby, no not an actual baby, I'm referring to my car. I prefer to wash it myself than take it to a car because I believe that's a waste of money. The car is small - I can do it myself; besides any physical activity is good.

I dedicate my Saturday afternoons for doing assignments because I'm usually so tired after work during the week, so Saturdays are the perfect time to catch up. The great thing is that I can spend hours doing schoolwork and I don't feel the time go by at all. My mind is more open and relaxed on Saturdays for some reason and that's why I choose Saturday afternoons for school work. Maybe if I had done this in high school I could have reached my full academic potential (laughs a little).

After all of that, I cosy up on the sofa with a nice cup of wine or coffee and binge watch series and movies. I don’t do a lot of TV watching during the week because I get home pretty late and I’m almost always tired. So Saturdays are when I catch up. I’m usually watching Netflix or I see what DSTV has to offer when I want to watch something a little different. I absolutely love movies and in case you’re wondering; 90% of the time I do all this alone. I pretty much do the same thing when my sister is in town the only difference is that I have someone to share the couch with hahaha…

This is my Saturday routine, pretty boring most of the time huh? It doesn't change much unless it payday, my mom wants me to go to town with her or it's the odd occasion when my friends show up with booze, in which case I'll do a little toiletry shopping and maybe purchase a new clothing item or 2... And maybe some drinking.


2 comments:

  1. I love the font on your blog and your Saturdays sounds great. I work on Saturdays but I also try to get most things done on the weekend. Great post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hope to see you again soon...

      Delete