Thursday 6 September 2018

Things to Do & Places to See in My Hometown - East London, South Africa

Hey Guys!

I'm from East London, a small city situated on the coast in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. It's a nice, quiet place filled with many friendly faces and everyone pretty much just does their own thing and minds their own business.

I am a person who likes trying new things and I love going out for food. Most of the places I have been to and had a great experience at I was introduced to by my dad. They are places he has met up with potential clients at.

If ever you're in East London and are looking for some nice places to go and things to or you're from East London and are looking to try new spots you've never been to before; here are a few suggestions:

Sanook Eatery

My family and I love going to Sanook for dinner. They offer a great tasting Greek style menu.  It’s a very classy, little restaurant. Here you can try their great tasting homemade burgers that are absolutely mouth-watering.   There’s also Sanook CafĂ© which is owned by the same people but with a different feel, if you’re looking to try out another spot. For more information, check out their website: http://www.sanook.co.za/

Pine Creek Restaurant & Farm Stall:

Situated on the outskirts of Beacon Bay; this is the perfect spot for a family breakfast/lunch. You can even bring the kids along to ride on the train. The atmosphere is very peaceful and the place itself is beautiful. They have great buffets for breakfast and lunch or you can choose to order from the menu. The food tastes great and the atmosphere warm and inviting. It's a great place for the whole family. They offer train rides for the kids.

 The Mustard:


Simply decorated, giving you an inviting feeling from the moment you set foot in the door. I'm a steak person and they served me some of the best simply cooked steak I have eaten in my life served with fresh chips. The steak was very filling and looked so mouth-watering and inviting on the plate I just couldn't wait to dig in.

Buccaneers:

Situated in Quigney (referred to as "Buccs" by us locals) with a great view of the coast, Buccaneers is a great pub to go out and enjoy a few drinks with friends. The baskets are great tasting and the cocktails - delicious. It has a bubbly and welcoming vibe and it can get pretty packed.

Beaches:

When it comes to beaches we have plenty of options to choose from. There’s Nahoon Beach, Eastern Beach, Bonza Bay Beach, Orient Beach to name but a few;  each with a different vibe and a different experience all together.

Highlander:

I have only been here once and personally I don't think it is really my cup of tea.
I have heard so much about it from numerous people so naturally I had to go see myself what all the fuss was about. It was not what I expected but if you are looking for a place to chill and enjoy a few drinks on a nice afternoon then this is the place to be. The view is incredible.

Guild Theatre:

If you are into plays then the Guild Theatre is just the place for you. My school used to do plays there.

Grazia Fine Food & Wine:

Great for a romantic dinner for 2 or for a great meal with your family and friends. They have an awesome menu & the food is amazing, especially their mashed potatoes, to die for! It is very classy and inviting and the service is always great. 

The Sea Spirit Fish Market:


A peaceful and quaint place by the East London harbour that offers the freshest fish & chips I have ever eaten & you get to enjoy your meal on the deck right by the water. This is a good eating spot and a great place for a relaxed afternoon and perfect for enjoying a nice and cool breeze.



No comments:

Post a Comment