Monday 10 September 2018

My Goals For 2018

I know the year is almost up but I felt I should share what some of my goals for this year were and still are. At the beginning of every year after all the festivities are over and before I get back to real life, I grab a pen and notebook and write down a list of all the things I hope to achieve before the year is up. I feel goal setting is important because it gives you a sense of direction and writing your goals down helps remind you why you were doing certain things just in case you go off track and deviate.

My dad is a goal driven person, always has been. He even had a vision board which he kept on the wall in the study that inspired me to create a vision board of my own. Some of my goals were to pick up some healthy habits such as drinking water (I don't drink enough). Here are some of the goals that I had set for myself for this year, some of which I have already achieved:
  1. Reach a wider audience with my blog
  2. Maintain a workout plan
  3. Be able to do a minimum of 10 pull-ups a day
  4. Do a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio a day
  5. Join the gym
  6. Stop wearing sneakers to work
  7. Obtain a mark of 70% for MNG2601
  8. Drop down to 42kg by December
  9. Post at least 1 blog post a week
  10. Upgrade my laptop
  11. Pay off Cotton On and stop taking clothes on credit
  12. Get myself a new cellphone for my birthday
  13. Complete a 30 day squat challenge
  14. Complete a 30 day abs challenge
  15. Get a 6 pack (abs) by December
  16. Visit Charlie's bakery in Cape Town
  17. Go on a road trip for 1 of the long weekends
  18. Get my own place by the end of the year
  19. Drink a litre of water everyday
  20. Obtain a mark of 70% overall for SUS1501
So there you have it, 20 of my goals for 2018 an as you can see I'm knocking them off slowly but surely. I have 3 months left to work on the rest but I am confident I can achieve them as well. It's important to set goals for yourself no matter how silly you might think they are. I strive for self improvement in all spheres of my life even professionally speaking.

If you haven't achieved everything you wanted to achieve this year it's not too late. You can start today, in fact start right now. Wherever you are. Grab a pen and paper and write down at least 5 goals you wish to achieve before the year is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment