Tuesday 7 August 2018

Why You Should Join the Gym

I recently became a member of Virgin Active after debating with myself for months whether or not it would be worth the money. It was!!! Not only did I get 1 on 1 training during my orientation week but they offer a variety of activities that I wasn't aware of beforehand. When I joined I just thought I would go there and use equipment and go home. I also scored myself a free water bottle for signing up.

Not only do they have top class facilities, but there is also a variety of different machinery that offer different exercises as well as various fitness classes you can join such as cycling and aerobics. The gym is equipped with the latest in training equipment so believe me, you are getting your money’s worth. I was surprised to find that they even have an app you can download on your phone where you can access all the information you need as well as book your classes and check training schedules in a matter of minutes. The app allows you to view your monthly visits, set fitness goals and join challenges where you can see where you rank with your fellow gym members.

The gym is a great place to go when you just want to get away and de-stress.  Being surrounded by like-minded people who are also pursuing their own personal goals is a great motivator. What's great is that there is no judgment; everyone's minding their own business and should you need any guidance or assistance with equipment or exercises there are trainers on the floor available to assist. They will show you the correct techniques.

Exercise releases endorphins (hormones produced by the central nervous system and pituitary gland) which trigger a positive feeling in your body that just makes you feel bloody awesome. One of the benefits of exercise is the wonders it does for your skin. Sweat helps you eliminate the toxins in your body and helps to unclog pores that cause pimples and blemishes. (I'm no health expert; this is something I read in some article a while back). The one major benefit for me is that it has somehow helped keep my scalp eczema under control and I also have fewer breakouts.

I find money motivating and I do not like wasting it; the fact that I am coughing up money every month for my gym membership is kind of motivation enough for me to go. No matter how crappy or lazy I feel before I get there; all of that goes out the window as soon as I set foot on the premises. Seeing people busy pushing their bodies to the limit makes me want to do the same so that I can also get fitter and stronger.


Joining the gym has been a positive experience for me. I am more energetic, less stressed and no to mention I've been getting better quality sleep. My greatest motivation was the "banging body" transformation that's happening slowly but surely. I can see a difference in my leg and stomach muscles and my body just feels like it is functioning better as a whole. It feels good to know that my body is getting stronger and stronger and I keep pushing for more. 

Gyming can be very addictive but it's not a bad thing to be addicted to right? Just make sure that you have some rest days to allow your muscles to recover and listen to your body when it needs rest. Most important is to follow a healthy diet if you want to see great results and keep yourself hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment