Thursday 27 December 2018

My 3 Blogging Tools

There's a lot more to blogging than just typing out a bunch of fancy words and hitting the publish button. You need to ensure that what you're putting out there is your best (or that you're at least satisfied) because first impressions really do count. You might have some loyal followers but it's also great to get your new blog visitors to keep coming back.

I use a few things to help me with my blogging. I even lie to you, I never plan posts. In fact, the only time I ever did that and used a schedule to publish new work was when I did Blogtober ( I did not make it to the end, maybe next time though). 

Since taking my blogging to the next level I have made use of the following tools:
  • Grammarly: This one has been a lifesaver. I read often so my spelling isn't terrible but grammar.y has made editing SOOO much less of a drag. I like it because it was very easy to install and works across whatever computer program I use to type; whether I am blogging, tweeting or whatever requires written text. Get Grammarly if you don't already have it. The great part is that they offer a free version for those of you like me that don't necessarily have cash to spare
  • My notebook: I carry my notebook around almost all the time, just in case inspiration hits; that way I can quickly jot down ideas before I forget them. I sleep with it at my bedside for those nights when I have difficulty sleeping. I get my thoughts down on paper, who knows, they may turn into a blog post.
  • Unsplash: My most recent discovery. I had always wondered where the heck people get such gorgeous photos for blog posts and I needed pics to use for my Pinterest pins because my Pinterest was very dull looking; it was so dull that if it wasn't my Pinterest, even I wouldn't have been keen to check it out. I found Unsplash through Google I think it was and my blog's Pinterest has never been the same.
These I think are my 3 most important blogging tools. There are others I make use of but I decided these were worth the mention because they have had the most positive impact on my blog. I noticed a substantial increase in my stats after making use of them. I used to just wing it but a bit of planning by making notes when inspiration hits, I can keep track of new post ideas.

Which tools have helped make your log a success? Share them with me in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment